RootsTech Connect 2021 Survival Guide
It’s that time of year once again—time for RootsTech! This year we have many changes coming our way. With an entirely virtual, free, and global conference, we will have over 200,000 attendees joining from over 200 countries and territories. We cannot wait to embark on this adventure with you.
In years past, we’ve given you suggestions on what to wear, where to eat, and what to see in Salt Lake City while attending RootsTech. Well, this year we won’t tell you what to wear (if you want to wear your pajamas or your coziest sweats, more power to you!), but we’ll give you a few tips for how to experience our virtual conference!
Road to RootsTech Series
First off, if you are brand-new to the RootsTech family, welcome! We are so excited you are joining us. If you’re feeling a little lost, we have a video series that will help you get oriented. You can watch all of the Road to RootsTech videos here.
Expo Hall and Demo Theater
While we won’t be able to meet together in Salt Lake City this year, we will be able to connect virtually. We will still have an amazing Expo Hall experience—online! In the Expo Hall you will be able to chat with exhibitors and ask all the questions you have. We have amazing sponsors this year such as Ancestry, MyHeritage, FamilySearch, and many others! You’ll want to give them a visit.
You will also be able to experience the Demo Theater virtually! Here you’ll see the heart of innovation as presenters speak about the latest and greatest in the world of genealogy.
RootsTech Connect 2021 has an impressive lineup of 13 keynote speakers:
- Nick Vujicic—international motivational speaker and New York Times best-selling author
- William Hopoate—Tongan international rugby league footballer in Australia
- Astrid Tuminez—current president of Utah Valley University and former Microsoft executive
- bless4—Japanese vocal ensemble consisting of four siblings
- Sunetra Sarker—award-winning actress
- Erick Avari—award-winning actor
- Francesco Lotoro—Italian musicologist
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo—Grammy Award–winning South African choral group
- Bruna Benites—member of the Brazil women’s national football team
- Tita—former association footballer from Brazil
- Diego Lugano—former professional football player from Uruguay
- Lorena Ochoa—former professional golfer from Mexico
- Sharon Leslie Morgan—founder of OurBlackAncestry.com, author, and genealogist
- Steve Rockwood—FamilySearch CEO
With hundreds of classes, 13 keynote speakers, and an impressive Expo Hall, you might be wondering how you’re going to be able to get everything done! Well, fear not! On-demand classes will be available on RootsTech.org for up to 11 months after the event. You will have plenty of time to go back and see the classes or keynotes you may have missed.
So share this event with your friends, your family, your neighbors, and your community. Let’s all come together to connect, share, and discover at RootsTech Connect 2021. We can’t wait to see you (virtually) there!